How often should I replace my recoil spring?
- We recommend replacing the recoil spring on a Government 1911 every 2,000 rounds; on a Commander 1911 every 1,500 rounds; and on an Officer 1911, every 500 rounds.
What hammer spring weight should I use in my 1911?
- On a Government frame, we recommend using a 19# weight for .45 ACP and a 17# weight for 9mm.
- On a Commander frame, we recommend using a 21# weight for .45 ACP and an 18# weight for 9mm.
- For our T4 model, we recommend an 18# weight, while a contoured carry cut 1911 in .45 ACP will take a 23# weight spring.
What are the standard sight heights?
- Government .45 ACP: .190”
- Government 9mm: .180”
- Commander 9mm & .45 ACP: .180”
What is included in the Reliability Enhancement Package?
**Any parts that need to be replaced must be approved by customer prior to work being performed
- Polish, radius, and tune extractor
- Adjust ejector for positive ejection if needed
- Polish the breech face
- Check the slide stop
- Throat the barrel/polish chamber and throat
- Adjust feed ramp angle and polish feed ramp
- Change recoil spring
- Check magazine release to be sure magazines drop free
- Test fire for function and reliability (20 rounds)
What is the thread size for my barrel?
- .45 ACP: .578 x 28
- 9mm: .500 x 28
Can you remove the Series 80 safety from my 1911?
*Can only be done with Match Grade complete trigger job
- Yes, we can. We will insert a replacement spacer. No additional charge. A waiver needs to be signed by the customer to waive Nighthawk Custom of any liability.
What is the recommended recoil spring for my 1911?
- Government .45 ACP: 17# Gov.
- Government 9mm: 10# Gov.
- Government .45 ACP Everlast: 22# Gov.
- Government 10mm: 23# Gov.
- Commander .45 ACP: 18# Comm.
- Commander 9mm: 12# Comm.
- Commander .45 ACP Everlast: 22# Comm.
- Commander 10mm: 22# Comm.
- Commander .38 Super: 12# Comm.
- Gov./Comm. 9mm Everlast: 13# Comm.
- Predator/AAC .45 ACP: 15# Gov.
- Predator 2 & 3: 15# Comm.
- T4: 13# Comm. flat wire cut down
- Long Slide: SP0421
What is included in a trigger job?
**No hammer strut/hammer strut pin
- Hammer, sear, disconnector, trigger/set screw, sear spring, mainspring